Online Course: Creating an Action Plan for Professional Learning: For Literacy Coaches, Principals, & District Administrators
Sponsored by the Center for Educational Leadership (CEL) with credit from University of Washington
Location: Anytime, Anywhere
Please see: http://depts.washington.edu/uwcel/onlinemodule_info.pdf
Learn how to improve the quality of instruction in your school and district! Join nationally-acclaimed author and literacy coach, Katherine Casey (Literacy Coaching: The Essentials), and study essential coaching strategies to empower your leadership. Broaden your knowledge and expertise to craft an action plan for more effective professional learning. This “do at your own pace” online course is offered through the University of Washington's College of Education.
THIS ONLINE COURSE ALLOWS YOU TO:
- Review research relevant to instructional coaching professional development
- Examine student data to pinpoint a focus for professional learning
- Discover teachers as learners and understand how to engage adults
- Learn eight ways to look at instruction to broaden and deepen expertise
- Develop a strategic action plan to support professional learning
- Join an online community and a “webinar” to share ideas and resources
$80 for 12 clock hours and/or a certificate of participation; Participants can complete course anytime up to 6 months after registering.