"Realizing a vision for literacy coaching"
The Literacy Coaching Clearinghouse is a joint venture of the International Reading Association and National Council of Teachers of English.More specifically, the goals of the Clearinghouse are:
- To increase the knowledge base, research, and practice of literacy coaches, reading coaches, reading specialists, and instructional coaches as they engage teachers in coaching as a form of professional learning
- To collect and monitor the research on literacy coaching
- To assist district administrators, school principals, literacy coaches, reading coaches, reading specialists, and instructional coaches in their development of quality coaching programs based upon findings from research and coaches’ own practices
- To assist IRA and NCTE in development of policy on literacy coaching and to promote these understandings through briefs, forums, and presentations both within the organizations and to external audiences
- To encourages coaches, teachers, principals, administrators, policymakers, and others to seek IRA and NCTE membership, publications, conferences, consultants, and professional development offerings
- To exemplify how IRA and NCTE can work together on projects of mutual interest and benefit to both professional organizations